Monday, November 12, 2007

Mission Statement

The first thing that we should get out of the way is that I am not a licensed professional. I am not a doctor nor a pyschiatrist.

I am however an individual who has experienced many things that you have. I have never met my real father, I don't speak to my adopted father nor my step father. I have 7 siblings including an adopted baby sister born addicted crack. I was raised in poverty and have had to work for everything I have in my life. I am not rich financially, however I live an extremely rich life by virtue of my personal goals and achievements.

I am only the second in my family to graduate high school and first to graduate college. I have lived and supported my self since I was in the 9th grade. My youngest brother, was attacked by a Liger. Yes, a Liger. I have had to sleep with a gun under my pillow while still in Jr. High in order to survive the night and I have never been addicted to drugs or in a gang. I have dealt with the the diagnosis of my mother with breast cancer and then the mysterious result of it's complete disappearance in her body.

I tell you this only to offer a small insight into the topics and motivation I wish to share on this blog. I have gone through life and have dealt with many struggles, but have always realized along the way that it could always be worse. There are many out there who would read this and would trade places with me in a heart beat. I have never by dis illusioned enough to believe that I have had a difficult life to some or even most.

In my opinion, my greatest accomplishment is that I have grown up normal. Normal in spite of abnormal situations. I have never let something stand in the way of what I have wanted or needed to do in an effort to advance my life and better the lives of those in my family.

Throughout this blog I wish to share my life experiences with you and in the process speak about things that I have never spoken to anyone about. I will be completely free with my self and allow you a look into the deepest parts of my soul. I only hope that it can help someone somewhere to push themselves through what ever adversities they have at the time.

Thank you.

No comments: